What a difference a smoke- free day makes! Quitting now means immediate benefits to your health and it just keeps getting better.
The day you have your last cigarette, your body begins to heal itself..
- 20 minutes, your Blood pressure drops to your pre- cigarette level.
- 8 your after quitting, the carbon monoxide in your blood drops to normal.
- 24 hours after quitting, you lower your chances of having a heart attack.
- 48 hours after quitting, your sense of smell and taste improve and begin to return to normal.
- In the months and years to come , your body continues to recover.
- 2 weeks to 3 months after quitting , your circulation improves and your lings work better.
- 9 months after quitting, you experience less coughing, sinus congestion, fatigue and shortness of breath.
- 1 year after quitting, your risk of heart disease is about half of what it would have been if you had continued to smoke.
- 5 years after quitting, your risk of stroke is greatly reduced. Within 5 to 15 years after quitting , it becomes about the same as a non- smoker’s risk.
- 10 years after quitting, your risk of dying from lung cancer is about half of what it would have been if you had continued to smoke . Your risk of cancer of the mouth, throat, esophagus, bladder, kidney and pancreas also decreases.
- 15 years after quitting, your risk of heart disease is the same as a non – smoker’s risk
Please like and share us: