Dhaka Ahsania Mission, Health Sector
Dhaka Ahsania Mission (DAM) is one of the leading development organizations in Bangladesh. Health Sector of DAM is running drug treatment and rehabilitation centers and implementing Tobacco Control Program along with it’s other program like primary health care program, communicable and non-communicable diseases prevention program, nutrition program and mental health care program. DAM is going to implement the “USAID Feed the Future Bangladesh Nutrition Activities (BNA) Project” and looking for competent and self-motivated individual for the following position.
DAM aims to attract and select a diverse workforce ensuring equal opportunity to everyone, irrespective of race, age, gender, sexual orientation, HIV status, class, ethnicity, disability, location and religion. Any personal persuasion/phone-call will result in disqualification of candidature. We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the essential criteria.
- Diligently pursues project aims and oversee the implantation of all BNA activities;
- Plan for/review progress and performance report of all upazilas as well as prepare & finalize monthly, quarterly and project completion reports with assistance of Abt Outreach Coordinator along with taking inputs from Area Specialists and Outreach Specialists to ensures accurate and timely effort to completes progress and other reports for project as require;
- Initiates timely requests for prior approval from the authority for changes when required (e.g. change in scope of work, re-budgeting, or reduction in committed effort) ;
- Liaising with Solution Integration and Nutrition Advisor (SINA), Abt on a regular basis to respond programmatic issues and Director- F & A, for finance and operation issues to any concerns or to discuss new opportunities;
- Liaising with Director -Health Sector on any organizational matters.
- Assures that expenses incurred are allowable, reasonable, and allocable to the project to which they are charged;
- Ensure and promote team spirit among the staff members and maintain gender sensitivity through internalizing and practicing the organizational core values and principles.
- Develops proposals in compliance with guidelines and policy when require from DAM.
- Leading the preparation of work plan and budget for the activities required to be conducted to achieve outcomes;
- Manages project personnel and coordinate with others partner’s staff (Abt, iDE, CIP, JCF, FIVDB) to ensure smooth and effective implementation of BNA project in all respects;
- Represents BNA in any district level events related to BNA’s objectives (different types of meetings, workshops, seminars…) as focal person and develop linkage with other stakeholders (like minded other NGOs and Nutrition Program implementing partner etc);
- Organize quarterly progress and review meeting of BNA IPs in rotation through initiate the routing and obtains appropriate approvals prior by proposal submission;
- Approves expenditures and day to day expanses of project, reviews/monitors project’s financial status/ statements as well as assists with accounts receivable collections as needed and manages the project within budget limits;
- Monitoring the project activities routinely along with provide/plan for on job training, coaching, mentoring, identifying training needs to the project staff, ensuring need-based training for respective groups/individuals timely and appropriately;
- Liaison with prime lead of BNA (Abt Associates) and other partner organizations/agencies (GO/Technical Partners /other NGOs) both at central and local level to introduce/update project strategy and activities also assess program expansion activities in consultation with Abt Associates and program coordination unit of DAM-Health Sector and Director of Health Sector;
- Regular coordination with HQ -NGO related officer for NGO affairs bureau and submission of documents as per needs as well as organize annual learning reflection workshop with HQ team;
- Ensure compliance of DAM policies, USAID funding policies, and Abt Associates policies according to sub-award agreement.
- Promote appropriate organizational culture and be role models for other in the team and other partners;
- Arrange monthly staff coordination meeting and quarterly progress and review meeting to share progresses, challenges and opportunities of the project, and accumulate learning from other IPs;
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned by the management.
Employment Status: Full-time
- MBBS/Master in Public Health, Nutrition or Social Science
- At least 10 year(s)
- At least 10 years working experience in Health and Nutrition. Preference will be given those who have working experience as lead the nutrition, health, agriculture, market system development, women and adolescent empowerment project and implementing the social and behavior change communication activities.
Job Location: Patuakhali
- Tk. 120000 (Monthly)
- Other admissible benefits will be provide as per organizational policy and project fund availability.
Smokers No Need to Apply.
Deserving candidates are requested to send their application with a cover letter, two professional references and a copy of recent passport size photograph with contact cell number to Director of Health and WASH Sector, Dhaka Ahsania Mission, House-152, Block-Ka, PC Culture Housing Society, Shyamoli, Dhaka-1207 or through email at email@example.com
Please write the position name at the top of the envelope. Please visit our website: www.amic.org.bd
*Photograph must be enclosed with the resume.
Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org