Position: Media Manager
Employer: Dhaka Ahsania Mission (DAM)
Dhaka Ahsania Mission (DAM) is one of the leading development organizations in Bangladesh. Health Sector of DAM is running drug treatment and rehabilitation centers and implementing primary health care and nutrition program, communicable and non-communicable diseases prevention program, TB Control Program and mental health care program. It is also implementing Tobacco Control Program with the financial assistance of CTFK. Health Sector of DAM is seeking a qualified candidate for the position of Media Manager to develop, implement, and support the media campaigns for its tobacco control initiative. The candidate will serve as a resource for DAM and the media. S/he will develop and implement communications strategies in collaboration with DAM team and the relevant government department for successful implementation of this initiative.
- Collaborate with DAM team to efficiently and creatively craft and implement media (including social media) strategies for this initiative
- Develop and implement strategies to increase the engagement of leading media (print & electronic) for supporting the goals and communications objectives of this initiative
- Build and cultivate proactive and strong relationships with journalists (editors/ reporters) for effective media coverage of issues related to this initiative
- Draft press releases, reports, brochures, social media content and other communications materials as needed
- Work in conjunction with social media experts for developing & executing effective website and social media campaigns
- Minimum seven years relevant experience in media relations, public relations, journalism or advocacy campaigns.
- Excellent writing, speaking and editing skills
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement media and communications strategies
- Experience working in/with media organizations
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Bengoli
- Consultative and collaborative approach to handle multiple tasks in fast-paced environment
- Strong project management skills, fine attention to details, and ability to deliver project goals in a timely fashion.
Job Nature: Full time
Salary: Tk. 49,800/ gross (per month)