Position: Project Coordinator
Employer: Health Sector, Dhaka Ahsania Mission
Dhaka Ahsania Mission (DAM) is one of the leading development organizations in Bangladesh. Health Sector of DAM is running drug treatment and rehabilitation centers and implementing primary health care and nutrition program, communicable and non-communicable diseases prevention program, TB Control Program and mental health care program. It is also implementing Tobacco Control Program with the financial assistance of CTFK. Health Sector of DAM is seeking a qualified candidate for the position of Project Coordinator to coordinate the overall project.
- He/She will work as Project Coordinator of Tobacco Control project.
- Responsible for developing, designing, planning, implementing the project and undertaking advocacy work, maintain close liaison with Govt.,relevant stakeholders including BI grantees, CTFK Bangladesh Team and reporting on behalf of Dhaka Ahsania Mission.
- Responsible to coordinate the project staff towards achieving the project goal, objectives and target and present the Tobacco control activities in different seminar, workshops, etc.
- Develop action plans for proper implementation of the Project’s activities and adhere to them including regular field visit to assess project staff and related activities.
- Advocacy with policy makers and relevant Ministries for Tobacco Control Law amendment, increasing tobacco tax with a simple tax structure and rejecting the interference of TIs and banning emerging tobacco products by amending the TC Law,
- Advocacy with LGD for allocating budget for implementation of LG common guideline;
- Advocacy with Ministry of Health & NTCC about taking initiatives for removing DSA, display tobacco products at POS and ban e-cig; finalize mapping and update stakeholders/policy makers list and sensitize about Law amendment for banning display of tobacco products at POS & banning E.cig;
- Develop IEC/BCC (survey factsheets) materials.
- Always updated the mobilized stakeholders about the progress of tobacco control by disseminating the media reports, documents, materials through email.
- Invite the stakeholders in the various initiatives of DAM. Attend the national and international level meetings and seminar and represent the organization’s tobacco control experiences.
- Ensure timely development and submission of periodic reports. Work with project staff to make adjustments based on M&E findings to insure quality results of the project.
- Masters in any discipline from reputed university.
- Minimum 10 Years experience in Advocacy focused Project management/implementation, especially project in health sector.
- Have experience in facilitate/mobilize the govt. authority for law formulation/amendment/implementation.
- Excellent writing and fluency in written and spoken English and Bengali.
- Strong project management skills, fine attention to details, and ability to deliver project goals in a timely fashion.
Job Nature: Full time