- Curiosity: To experiment, new thrill, excitement, as a source of fun.
- Peer pressure: To be accepted, to be popular, and to impress friends.
- Family Factor: Broken or abusing family factors, some one in the family could also be consuming drugs.
- Stress: To avoid and relieve stress, to increase energy to study through the night.
- Role models: Some one in the circle of friends and acquaintance whom they look up to may be abusing drugs. It could also be a media role model or a family member.
- Myths about social acceptance: Young people may believe that taking dugs indicates higher social, economics status, superiority, confidence and independence.
- Self imaging: To deal with complexes of weight, beauty, sexuality, poor body concept.
- Escapism: To forget or solve problems- financial, sexual and social.
Please like and share us: